- Peer-review process:
All of the journal’s content is peer reviewed (research articles, review articles, conference reports, letters, notes).
- After the corresponding author submits the paper via e-mail it is checked by the editorial team secretary against the journal’s Author Guidelines.
- Then, the paper is checked by the Editor-in-Chief or the editorial team members appointed by him (adequacy for the journal’s thematic profile and originality). The papers may be rejected at this stage without being reviewed by the external reviewers.
- The editorial team secretary (or the handling editor of the special thematic issue) sends invitations to experts in the given field in order to assign two external reviewers. When declining, the experts are asked to suggest alternative reviewers.
- The reviewers (with a help of the review form on the platform) submit their opinions to the journal with a recommendation to accept or reject the paper. Requests for revision (flagged as either major or minor) are also possible.
- The Editor-in-Chief (or the handling editor of the special thematic issue) considers the reviews before making the final decision. If the reviews differ widely, additional experts may be invited to review the paper.
- The final decision whether to publish the article, request improvements, or reject the article is made by the Editor-in-Chief (in special issues by the Editor-in-Chief and the editor of the special issue).
- The secretary of the editorial team communicates the overall decision by email to the author and forwards the relevant reviewer comments with a clear statement, whether the manuscript has been: accepted for publication; accepted but requires some improvements; rejected.
- If the author disagrees with the reviewers’ remarks, he/she is obliged to present adequate counterarguments with a help of the tool “discussion” on the journal’s platform. If despite the discussion the consensus is not reached, the authors have also right to withdraw their papers.
- The authors who accepted the remarks are obliged to include the suggested and agreed improvements and upload the corrected version of the text within 45 days. Articles uploaded after this deadline will be published in the next issue of the journal.